This five days training will address the strategies, identify stakeholders, necessary resources and support, tools, services, partnerships, business models, quality aspects and design skills related to open and online learning, including MOOCs.
Where: University of Ljlubljana
Faculty of Electical Engineering
Tržaška ulica 25, 1000 Ljubljana Slovenija
When: 20 to 24 February 2017
The training is open to all without costs. For staff and students of institutions that are
partners of the SCORE2020 project a scholarships can be provided (UL trainees: 50 € and
international trainees: 600 €).
Those interested should state their interest to the organisers of this training
More information here
Presentations of the Multipier Event in Maastricht 'Internationalisation of Higher Education: impact of online, open education and MOOCs' are available
Overview of the presentations at the Multiplier Event in Maastricht: 'Internationalisation of Higher Education in online, open education and MOOCs'
Date: 31 January 11-12:30 and 1 February 13:30-17:00
Venue: EIPA - European Institute of Public Administration, Onze Lieve Vrouweplein 22, 6211 HE Maastricht
- “How MOOCs boost student mobility and increases cross-institutional programs" by Mark Brown, Director, National Institute for Digital Learning, Dublin City University
- "Making European diversity a strength: toward regional support centres by SCORE2020 consortium" by Darco Jansen, Programme Manager EADTU
- Introduction to MOOCs and internationalisation, Darco Jansen (Programme Manager EADTU)
- MOOC and student mobility, Liva Vikmane (Vice President ESU)
- MOOCs as people networks – the experience ESPACE MOOC, Frederik Truyen (Professor, CS Digital - KU Leuven)
- Opening education to all: how to facilitate to all people, Tiberio Feliz Murias (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia)
- Teaching Training in Digital Competences and SLPs: Initial experiences at UNED using NOOCS (Nano Open Online Courses), Sebastián Rubén Gómez Palomo (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia)
- New ways of credentialing – credits for MOOCs, Tessa van Puijenbroek (TU Delft)
- Organisational challenges and opportunities for Open Online Education: Results of a group-concept mapping study, Martine Schophuizen (Open University of the Netherlands)
- Strategic partnerships for MOOC development by Darco Jansen (EADTU)
- Regional support centres for open, online education and MOOCs, Forum session led by Marco Kalz (UNESCO chair of Open Education, Open University of the Netherlands)
Presentations of the Multipier Event in Rome:Increasing the uptake of MOOCs by regional support centers
Overview of the presentations at the Multilpier event in Rome: Increasing the uptake of MOOCs by regional support centers
- The uptake of MOOC in Europe, view here
- Policy arguments for MOOCs and open online learning, view here
- A sustainable business model perspective, view here
- Critical support services for the development and uptake of MOOCs, view here
- Designing (M)OOCs, setting the context, view here
- Supporting the design and development of MOOCS, view here
- Assessing Quality of MOOCs, view here
Date: 18 October 13:00-17:00
Venue: Rome, to be confirmed
Registration: Event is for free and open to all. Please use this form to register.
Different independent studies show a strong MOOC involvement of higher education institutions (HEIs). At least about 40% of HEIs in Europe are having MOOCs or planning to develop MOOCs soon. Collaboration between European HEIs, governments and civil societies seems to accelerate the development, delivery as well as the uptake of MOOCs. This event will provide you with up-to-date knowledge on how existing regional support centres efficiently collaborate in MOOC provision and in new forms of open and online education.
SCORE2020 will soon start with an analysis of the needs in open and online education and collecting available support material. Next the partners will develop several models, courses and training sessions based on these two steps. Outcomes will appear in results